Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Respecting The Living

I don't know why, but I've never really grasped the idea of respecting the dead. As a kid, death, to me, wasn't something sad. I just thought it was that person's time to go. Letting go of the past and appreciating the dead in ourselves is much more important to me

These days it's mainly due to my belief in interdependance, the dead we are honoring live in us and not just in us but in everyone. Everyone they ever influenced in anyway. So to honor the living, and yourself, is actually just another way to honor the dead.

This feeling of interconnectedness and gratitude towards the dead for making us who we are, is to me more real than a candle on a grave. If we get stuck on the feeling that they have passed, we might forget that they still live on in us and everyone else

No comments:

Post a Comment